Tofu, or not tofu,
that is the question
What’s so great about a VegLifestyle?
- It’s Good For The Environment: Abstaining from animal products is one of the most effective ways to lower our carbon footprint.
- It’s Good For Your Health: More and more people are now turning to plant-based diets for the health benefits. With loads of healthy proteins, carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals, and fiber — all with low saturated fat — we are finding common health issues like diabetes and obesity can be reversed.
- It’s Good For Animals: This one is pretty cut and dry. As each of us replace animal-sourced products with superior synthetic and plant-based products, fewer animals will be placed in the supply chain to meet demand for our growing population.
- It’s Good For Society: More people eating more plant-based food means more plant-based food for more people. The bottom line: growing crops to feed animals so we can eat meat is an extraordinarily inefficient production method. On another note, have you ever met anyone hoping a factory farm sets up shop in their community? Yeah, neither have we.
What the heck do y’all eat?
- Fruits: apples, bananas, grapes, berries, melons, mangoes, pineapples, oranges, peaches
- Vegetables: potatoes, spinach, cucumbers, broccoli, kale, carrots, squash, bok choy, cabbage, zucchini
- Legumes: beans on beans on beans, chickpeas, lentils, edamame, peanuts
- Cereal Grains: rice, wheat, barley, corn, oats
- Nuts & Seeds: almonds, cashews, walnuts, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Dairy Substitutes: basically every nut and seed can be turned into jaw-dropping milk, yogurt, ice cream, and butter
- Meat Substitutes: tofu, seitan, tempeh, jackfruit
- Egg Substitutes: apple sauce, flaxseed, tofu, bananas
- Nooch (Nutritional Yeast): aside from the most frequently used password among vegans, we’re not sure what this is, but it goes on everything and we love it